Yearn not for a body free of disease and suffering, because having pain
and becoming sick is an inevitable part of being alive and having a body..
for a life free of mishaps and obstacles, because without
one tends to become, narrow-minded, neglectful, arrogant and egoistic..
for a quick shortcut fix regarding spiritual introspect,
without serious effort, one becomes a short-and-shallow surface-glider..
the haunting disturbance of evils, while accumulating good merit,
because without them one's determination does not grow steel strong..
for easy success in one's work, because without difficulties
and failures, one tends to undervalue others and become overly proud.
Build not relationships on selfish gain,
because a friendship based on the
purpose of gaining profit has lost its genuine good meaning, and function!
for a universal agreement regarding one's "own" personal opinion,
because complete adoption to a single rigid view will produce intolerance..
repayment, appreciation or reward for benevolent services,
because calculation and expectation contradicts true altruistic service.
irrationally into profitable attractions, because jumping too
quickly into temptation may well blind rational attention & true wisdom.
Stir not at being victim of injustice, because keenness to clear reputation
belongs to an ego clinging in panic to the imagined idea of my superior self.
Good Mental Gardening creates Ease, Calm and Bliss...
- Consider disease and suffering as medicines to the body and life
- Use mishaps as a means of self-liberation
- Treat obstacles as enjoyable challenges
- Greet haunting bad-lucks as good companions
- Consider difficulties as life enjoyments
- Thank bad friends as helping you in self-adjustment
- View unpleasant dissidents as friendly entertainment
- See favours as merely unimportant sandals plentiful to dispose
- Regard disinterest in temptations as an honourable achievement
- Employ injustice as an entry door to spiritual perfection.
- Know that patience, tolerance and endurance is the highest praxis
From: MSN group:
The Garden of Happiness...
More on establishing continuous Awareness (Sati):
What is Right Awareness?, Four_Foundations_of_Awareness, Awareness_Sati, Causes of Sati,
Sati Studies, Sati_in_Solitude, Noble_Awareness, Awareness_Analysis, Clear Comprehension,
Feeding_Awareness, One_and_only_Way, Accumulation_of_Advantage, 4 Foundations of Awareness,
Sati_a_la_Anuruddha, Mindfulness, Accumulating_Advantage, Careful_and_Rational_Attention,
Mighty_Magic_Majesty, Seeing_the_Possible, Clever_Presence, Thousand_Aeons, Aware_and_Settled
Good Mental Gardening!