1. Canda. A king, one of the chief lay
supporters of Kondañña Buddha (BuA.114).
2. Canda. Chief lay supporter of Sikhī
Buddha. Bu.xxi.122; but BuA. (204) calls him Nanda.
3. Canda.One of the palaces occupied by Sumangala Buddha in his last lay life (Bu.v.22).
4. Canda. A mānava, son of a rich
brahmin, Sucindara. Canda and his friend, Subhadda, became arahants at the first
assembly of Kondañña Buddha. BuA.110f.
5. Canda. The moon; generally spoken of
as a deva. See Candimā.
6. Canda. The Bodhisatta, born as a kinnara. For details see the
7. Canda. A mountain in Himavā. where
lived the kinnara, Canda, with his wife (J.iv.283, 288). It is also called
Candaka (J.v.162) and Candapassa (J.v.38).
8. Canda. A brahmin, father of
Vidhurapandita. J. vi.262.
9. Canda.One of the palaces occupied by Sumana Buddha in his last lay life (Bu.xxiv.22).
10. Canda.Younger brother of Sāriputta
and a member of the Order. DhA.ii.188.
11. Canda.Son of the brahmin
He later became the chaplain of Pandukābhaya. Mhv.x.25, 79.
12. Canda.See Candakumāra.