1. Uppala. A Pacceka Buddha mentioned in
the Isigili Sutta. M.iii.70.
2. Uppala. One of the yakkhas who
guarded Jotiya's palace. He had two thousand followers. DhA.iv.209.
3. Uppala. Father of the warrior
4. Uppala (Uppalaka). A Niraya (S.i.152;
Sn.p.126). Buddhaghosa says (SnA.ii.476f; see also A.v.173), however, that it is
not a special hell, but the name of a period of suffering in hell.
5. Uppala. One of the treasure-troves
that rose up from the earth on the day of the Bodhisatta's birth. It was three
gāvutas in extent. DA.i.284.