1. Mahāvagga. A section of the
divided into chapters called Khandhakas. The introductory chapters give an
account of the incidents immediately following the Buddha’s Enlightenment,
leading up to the foundation of the Order of the Sangha. It then gives various
rules for members of the Sangha, together with the circumstances which led to
the formulation of each rule.
2. Mahāvagga. The second section of the
Nikāya, containing suttas XIV. XXIII.
3. Mahāvagga. The third section of the
Nipāta, containing twelve suttas.
4. Mahāvagga. The first section of the
6. Mahāvagga. The fifth section of the
6. Mahāvagga. The seventh section of the Tika
Nipāta, the twentieth of the Catukka, the sixth of the Chakka, the seventh of
the Sattaka, the second of the Atthaka, and the third of the Dasaka Nipāta of
the Anguttara Nikāya.