1. Vebhāra. One of the five hills surrounding
Rājagaha (E.g., M.iii.68). At its foot was the
Sattapanniguhā, where the first
Convocation was held (Vin.ii.76; W. 159; Sp.i.10, etc.). The river
rose in a lake at the foot of Vebhāra. SA.i.30f.
2. Vebhāra. A city in which Padumuttara Buddha
preached and ordained ninety crores of men. Bu.xi.9.
3. Vebhāra. The birthplace of Siddhattha Buddha,
where, later, he preached the Buddhavamsa, when ninety crores of beings realized
the Truth. Bu.xvii.5, 13; BuA. p. 186; J. i.40.
4. Vebhāra. A city built by Vissakamma, where
Valliya Thera (Candanamāliya) lived in a previous birth. ThagA.i.294; Ap.ii.424.
5. Vebhāra. v.l. for Dvebhāra (q.v.).